Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
It is the mission of the Susquehanna Association for the Blind and Vision Impaired:
- To provide social, vocational, rehabilitative and educational services for people who are blind or whose vision is impaired;
- To educate our community about blindness and its prevention;
- To advocate for the interests of people who are blind or whose vision is impaired;
- To advance our belief that people who are blind are entitled to and are capable of achieving full autonomy and independence; and
- To do so through responsible stewardship of the human and financial resources available.
The Alley Center for the Blind provides services free of charge to residents in Lebanon County who are blind and vision impaired. Our services include the Orientation and Mobility Instruction (safe travel), recreational activities and support groups, rehabilitation training (daily living skills) and vocational and employment opportunities for those who are blind and vision impaired throughout Lebanon County.
Residents can also visit our low-vision store and receive help in choosing aids and appliances to assist them with reading.
Our belief is that individuals with a vision impairment can achieve full independence. The Alley Center for the Blind and Vision Impaired's services are available to assist that person in reaching the highest level of independence possible.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!