Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Streets Are For Everyone (SAFE) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization founded in January 2014. Our mission is to use sensible, proven strategies to prevent hit and run crimes and the events leading up to them, thus making city streets safe for all users - pedestrians, bicyclists and motor vehicles. Finish The Ride is an existing, on-going project under SAFE
Dedicated SAFE staff and volunteers with a combined 75 years of experience in the non-profit sector have, in the short time since establishment, changed the face of traffic safety.
- Almost 100 million people reached through mass media and social media with the message that hit and run crimes are no longer acceptable.
- The first ever hit and run alert system implemented in Los Angeles.
- The first ever standing rewards program in L.A. to catch hit and run criminals.
- The first state law specifically addressing hit and run crimes, Damian’s Law.
- The first ever billboards in L.A. specifically addressing hit and run crimes.
Most importantly, per LAPD statistics, hit and run crimes have dropped by 16% in the last year.
In recognition of their work, SAFE has been honored with the Alex Baum Award by LA County Bicycle Coalition, the Deborah Murphy Award for Excellence in Advocacy by Streetsblog LA as well as commendations and recognition from US congressmen, CA State Assemblyman and LA City Councilmen.
- Renata Neuson
- (844) 884-7233
- Need admin access?