Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the Mediation Center of Dutchess County is to provide and promote conflict prevention, management,
& resolution services to benefit individuals, businesses, and organizations in Dutchess County.
The Mediation Center offers the following services:
- Multi-party facilitation for organizational conflict transformation;
- Conflict transformation workshops for youth and adults;
- Mediation training and consultation for schools, colleges, and organizations.
- Mediation services for a variety of family issues such as custody, visitation, child support, parents and teens, adult care issues.
- Mediation for interpersonal, business, and other disputes which affect individuals and communities.
Volunteer Mediator Program:
The Mediation Center of Dutchess County trains mediators in the Transformative framework of conflict intervention, first articulated in the book The Promise of Mediation by Robert Baruch Bush and Joseph P. Folger. Within this framework, conflict is viewed as a crisis in human interaction. Mediators help parties to change the nature of their interaction so that they can make decisions and see the other's perspective.
- Jennifer Carson
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!