Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Myotonic Dystrophy Foundation (MDF) is the world's largest patient organization focused solely on myotonic dystrophy. Our mission, "Care and a Cure," is to enhance the quality of life of people living with myotonic dystrophy (DM) and advance research focused on treatments and a cure.
MDF fulfills its Care and a Cure mission providing:
-Support, Education and Resources to people and families living with DM. Examples include:
- Support Groups - 20 MDF trained groups in the U.S., plus links to international groups
- MDF Toolkit - for patients and their physicians
- MDF Warmline - staffed phone support
- MDF website with information, resources and a digital academy (over 200 hours of videos and webinars)
- MDF Annual Conference - focuses on the latest information on daily living strategies and products, updates on research and advocacy, and more
- Webinars and other assistance and education programs
- Find a Doctor referral list
-Research to find treatments and a cure
-Advocacy for legislation, research, and infrastructure initiatives that will advance our understanding of myotonic dystrophy, accelerate drug development, and improve diagnosis and care.