Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Children’s Advocacy Project (CAP) is a team of committed agencies and individual professionals who work together to provide coordinated forensic and comprehensive services for alleged victims of child maltreatment and children who witness violence in order to minimize trauma to children, to break the cycle of abuse and to foster a more effective and efficient community response to child maltreatment.
The five main program objectives include:
1) To enhance interagency coordination in the investigation and treatment of child maltreatment;
2) To minimize further trauma to the child victim and non-offending family members by training professionals and coordinating services in a centralized, child and family-friendly environment;
3) To improve the quality of evidence collected;
4) To increase community awareness of child maltreatment;
5) To serve as a multidisciplinary resource for the expansion of this program to other communities in the state.