Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
1. To promote the bicycle for everyday use - trips to school, work, errands, exercise and fitness.
2. To reuse, recycle and conserve our material and energy resources.
3. So children can experience the joy of bicycling whether their parents can afford to buy them a bicycle or not.
4. To help young people make an informed lifestyle transportation choice when they reach adulthood.
5. To help stop and reverse the trend of increasing childhood obesity.
6. To provide bicycles to adults who need them to get to work.
The Silicon Valley Bicycle Exchange helps needy families and individuals by repairing and donating used bicycles to our partner community service organizations. A warehouse and workshop is fully outfitted with storage, repair stands and tools for year round operation.
The Bicycle Exchange meets on the 2nd Saturday of each month (except Dec) to receive, repair, and distribute its inventory of donated bicycles. New volunteers often learn bicycle repair skills by assisting a team of more experienced volunteers.
The Bicycle Exchange donates bicycles and helmets throughout the year to local charities that serve both children and adults. We also provide bicycles to homeless individuals to provide transportation from shelters to places of employment and schooling.
- David Fork
- (650) 691-5989
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!