Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Friends of Fort Williams Park, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, preserves and enhances the natural resources and visitor experience of Fort Williams Park by providing planning and stewardship for projects that support the Park’s ecology, accessibility, and open space.
The Ecology Project is a long-term, park-wide effort by the Friends to improve the ecological health and sustainability of Fort Williams Park, resulting in a greater variety and abundance of pollinators and birds, increased natural beauty, and a heightened sense of exploration and discovery for people. Objectives for the Ecology Project include:
- Reduce and control invasive plant and insect populations
- Preserve and expand native plant communities and increase biodiversity
- Improve open space and access for passive recreation
- Foster collaboration, community participation and stewardship
- Provide opportunities for environmental education
- The Friends of Fort Williams Park (formerly, Fort Williams Park Foundation) was established in 2001. Our business operations and any work that we do in the Park is paid for by private donations, proceeds from events, and by grants from charitable foundations and the national government.