Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Public Allies is changing the face and practice of leadership in communities across the country. Our mission is to advance new leadership to strengthen communities, nonprofits and civic participation.
Through our signature AmeriCorps program, we identify talented young adults from diverse and under-represented backgrounds who have a passion to make a difference, and we help them turn that passion into a viable career path.
Our 10 month-long AmeriCorps program combines:
Full-time paid apprenticeships in nonprofit organizations in their communities where they:
- serve four days per week
- create, improve and expand services that address diverse issues, including youth development, education, public health, economic development and the environment
- earn a monthly stipend of $1,300 to $1,800
- receive healthcare, childcare, student loan deferment and a post-service education award of $4,725
A rigorous leadership development curriculum
delivered by community leaders, practitioners and educators, which includes :
- intensive weekly skill training and leadership development seminars
- Critical feedback, reflection, and personal coaching toward individual performance and professional goals
- community building and team projects with a diverse cohort of peers
- presentations of learning at the end of the year to demonstrate how one met the learning outcomes of the program
- Roger Hesketh
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!