Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Bach and Beethoven Ensemble seeks to 1) pioneer cutting edge music projects that merge genres and disciplines, 2) present these works to untapped audiences, and 3) provide a platform to launch new and upcoming professional artists.
We're not your grandmother's, grandmother's, granny's Bach.
Notable achievements include:
- a fully staged production, and sold out showings, of Scotland’s first opera, The Gentle Shepherd;
- a Northeast tour to New York City, Boston, and Hartford;
- a 3-month artistic residency at Old Town School of Folk Music (OTSFM);
- coverage by Chicago’s classical radio channel WFMT, RedEye, Chicago Tribune, and Early Music America;
- appearances on the Boston Early Music Festival fringe series, Bloomington Early Music Festival, and Chicago Early Music Festival;
- 5 commissioned works for early music instruments;
- productions of Monteverdi's Combattimento de Tancredi e Clorinda and Charpentier's Acteon;
- a collaboration with world-renowned Baroque dancer Paige Whitley-Baugess;
- and partnerships with 3Arts, Chicago Scots, OTSFM, DePaul University Humanities Center, and the Thistle and Heather Highland Dancers.