Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Bach and Beethoven Ensemble seeks to 1) pioneer cutting edge music projects that merge genres and disciplines, 2) present these works to untapped audiences, and 3) provide a platform to launch new and upcoming professional artists.
We're 'not your grandmother's, grandmother's, granny's Bach.' Founded in 2009, we bring together musicians, actors, and dancers from classical, folk, and popular traditions to present new projects that are collaborative, multidisciplinary, and cross-genre. Like Bach, we strive for the ideal. Like Beethoven, we push boundaries. We combine tradition and innovation: something old, something new.
Notable achievements include:
- a fully staged production, and sold out showings, of Scotland’s first opera, The Gentle Shepherd;
- a Northeast tour to New York City, Boston, and Hartford;
- a 3-month artistic residency at Old Town School of Folk Music (OTSFM);
- coverage by Chicago’s classical radio channel WFMT, RedEye, Chicago Tribune, and Early Music America;
- appearances on the Boston Early Music Festival fringe series, Bloomington Early Music Festival, and Chicago Early Music Festival;
- 5 commissioned works for early music instruments;
- productions of Monteverdi's Combattimento de Tancredi e Clorinda and Charpentier's Acteon;
- a collaboration with world-renowned Baroque dancer Paige Whitley-Baugess;
- and partnerships with 3Arts, Chicago Scots, OTSFM, DePaul University Humanities Center, and the Thistle and Heather Highland Dancers.