American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (Arizona Chapter)
- Crisis Support
- Health & Medicine
- Veterans & Military Families
LocationPO Box 4952Mesa, AZ 85211 United States
Our mission is to save lives and bring hope to those affected by suicide.
Established in 1987, the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) is a voluntary health organization that gives those affected by suicide a nationwide community empowered by research, education and advocacy to take action against this leading cause of death.
AFSP is dedicated to saving lives and bringing hope to those affected by suicide , including those who have experienced a loss. AFSP creates a culture that’s smart about mental health by engaging in the following core strategies:
- Funding scientific research
- Educating the public about mental health and suicide prevention
- Advocating for public policies in mental health and suicide prevention
- Supporting survivors of suicide loss and those affected by suicide
Led by CEO Robert Gebbia and headquartered in New York, with an Advocacy office in Washington, D.C., AFSP has local chapters in all 50 states and Puerto Rico, with programs and events nationwide.