Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
OneAmerica advances the fundamental principles of democracy and justice at the local, state and national levels by building power within immigrant communities in collaboration with key allies.
Our goal is to promote successful immigrant integration by connecting eligible Legal Permanent Residents ("green card" holders) to the information and services they need to successfully pursue citizenship and become active members of our community.
We work in partnership with the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and community organizations across Washington to provide the following services at no cost:
- Information about the naturalization process
- Citizenship application assistance (N-400 forms only)
- Legal review of applications by a volunteer attorney or accredited representative
More information on OneAmerica
OneAmerica was formed directly after September 11, 2001 in response to the hate crimes and discrimination targeting Arabs, Muslims and South Asians. Called Hate Free Zone at the time, the organization expanded to organize and advocate with many diverse communities of color. OneAmerica has now grown into a leading force for immigrant, civil and human rights.
To achieve OneAmerica's mission, we have five primary goals:
- to increase and enhance the participation of immigrants in civic life;
- to win positive policy change for immigrant communities locally and nationally;
- to improve the public climate for immigrant communities locally and nationally;
- to increase the capacity of immigrant organizations across the state to lead and advocate for change;
- to increase OneAmerica's organizational capacity to achieve our mission effectively, efficiently and sustainably.
OneAmerica operates under the fundamental premise that voices spoken together are stronger. That’s why we work to build coalitions between immigrant communities and mainstream communities. Although the burden of policies that erode constitutional and civil rights is falling primarily on immigrant communities, we know that all people are affected.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!