Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The United Nations Cyberschoolbus was created in 1996 as the online education component of the Global Teaching and Learning Project.
The mission of this project is to promote education about international issues and the United Nations.
The Global Teaching and Learning Project produces high quality teaching materials and activities designed for educational use (at primary, intermediate and secondary school levels) and for training teachers.
The vision of this Project is to provide exceptional educational resources (both online and in print) to students growing up in a world undergoing increased globalization.
The UN Cyberschoolbus captures the growing potential of the Internet as an educational tool and provides an effective medium with which to disseminate information and resources about international affairs.
This site also brings together diverse communities of students and educators from around the world.
Within the Cyberschoolbus site there are a number of activities and projects that teach students about global issues in an interactive, engaging and fun way.
The specific aims of the Cyberschoolbus are:
- To create an on-line global education community
- To create educational action projects to show students that they have a role in finding solutions to global problems
- To give students a voice in global issues
- To provide high-quality teaching resources to a wide range of educators in a cost-effective manner
- Participate in events such as global conferences, concerts, and educational TV programs
- Produce print materials based on interactive projects
- Develop a multi-lingual chat room
- Create increased distance learning opportunities
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!