Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, a nonprofit donor-supported organization, is to assure the development of the means to cure and control cystic fibrosis and to improve the quality of life for those with the disease
Cystic fibrosis is a life-threatening disease that causes mucus to build up and clog some of the organs in the body, particularly in the lungs and pancreas. When mucus clogs the lungs, it can make breathing very difficult. The thick mucus also causes bacteria (or germs) to get stuck in the airways, which causes inflammation (or swelling) and infections that leads to lung damage.
Mucus also can block the digestive tract and pancreas. The mucus stops digestive enzymes from getting to the intestines. The body needs these enzymes to break down food, which provides important nutrients to help us grow and stay healthy. People with cystic fibrosis often need to replace these enzymes with capsules they take with their meals and snacks to help digest the food and get the proper nutrition
Until we conquer this disease, our team will work tirelessly to extend and enhance life for those with cystic fibrosis by functioning as:
- Scientific pioneers, blazing new trails in CF research;
- Fund-raisers, securing the money needed to support our efforts;
- Advocates, keeping CF a top priority in government, industry and research;
- Investors, funding drug discovery and development;
- Caregivers, linking patients and families to specialized CF care; and
- Family, offering support, information and resources.
- Danielle Robinson
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!