Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To provide comprehensive health services to Spartanburg County residents who lack access to medical care.
St. Luke's Free Medical Clinic is a non-profit organization registered with the public charities division in the state of South Carolina. St. Luke's provides quality comprehensive health services to uninsured Spartanburg County residents who otherwise lack access to such care. We are governed by a board of directors staffed with a small team of paid administrative and medical professionals, and supported by over 400 community volunteers who come together annually to fulfill our mission in the Spartanburg community.Did you know that...
- ...55 volunteer physicians work in the clinic (approximately one Tuesday or Thursday evening every other month)?
- ...100 volunteer specialists see our patients in their private offices on referral from our clinic doctors?
- ...11 pharmacists each work one Tuesday or Thursday evening every month (on months with 5 weeks, one pharmacist is asked to work twice that month)?
- ...15 nurses volunteer 2-3 evenings every month?
- ...47 pastors volunteer their time so that there is one pastor present on each clinic night?
- ...15-20 staff positions during office hours and clinic nights are filled by volunteers?
- ...Volunteer groups and individuals provide meals each clinic night for our workers?
- ...Wofford, Converse College, Spartanburg Community College, and USC Upstate all provide St. Luke's with volunteers, interns and co-ops?
- ...We employ 3 Pharmacy Technicians, a Clinic Program Director, and a security person on each clinic night?
- ...St. Luke's employs several part-time staff members who work from 4 to 25 hours per week, depending on the position?
- ...The Executive Director and Clinic Program Director are the only full-time staff members at St. Luke's?
- Melissa Washburn
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!