Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Inspired and energized by the example of Frances Schervier, we create caring relationships through a healing presence that fosters dignity in the people we serve.
Franciscan Ministries, Inc. serves people living in poverty and homelessness in the Greater Cincinnati area. Last year we were able to help over 12,000 children and adults through our six ministries:
* Haircuts from the Heart - Offering haircare to those who might not be able to afford it including low income families, those who are homeless, seniors on fixed incomes, and people who are living with a developmental disability.
* Art for all People - Bringing art and using it as a therapeutic tool for those who are experiencing pain, loss and addiction.
* Tamar’s Place - A safe haven for women who are working on the streets and struggling with addiction.
* Our Lady of the Woods - Giving seniors with limited resources a way to maintain their independence.
* Franciscans for the Poor - A way for volunteers (particularly young people) to experience public service and grow spiritually.
* Centennial Barn - A space for community and celebration.