Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Norton Healthcare's purpose is to provide quality health care to all those we serve, in a manner that responds to the needs of our communities and honors our faith heritage.
- Admitting/Outpatient registration: Assists patients in signing in, transporting/escorting patients, greet patients in waiting area, assists in making packets, patient bracelets, and other clerical duties as needed.
- Cancer Registry: Photocopying, staging forms, mailings, pulling charts, and other clerical duties as needed.
- Food and Nutrition: Assists dieticians with various clerical duties to include: filing, answering phones, etc, assists in restocking supplies in cafeteria, wipe down tables in the caf, etc.
- Human Resources: Assists with clerical duties, filing, covering phones, pick up mail from mail room, etc.
- Louisville , Oncology: Assists with clerical duties, filing, lab runner (with proper training), assists in making packet, and other clerical duties as needed.
- Materials Management: Assists in restocking stock room, assists in delivering supplies to floor units, and assists in maintaining store room in a neat and organized manner.
- Nursing Units: Assists in clerical duties as needed, answering call lights, run errands, lab runner (with proper training), Make up thank you cards, refilling water pitchers for patients, assists with discharging patients, and other duties as needed.
- Hospital Greeter/ Guest Services: Assists patients and visitors in finding their destination throughout hospital, exhibits excellent customer service at all times, and assists with other duties as needed.
- Pre-Op Surgery Greeter: Acts as a host/hostess in pre-op surgery, Provides family assistance, greets and escorts families to waiting area once patient is taken into surgery, run errands as needed, assists with stocking rooms, offer soft drinks to families, and assists in other various capacities as needed.
- Volunteer Office Assistant: Assists volunteer manager as needed, mailings, answering phones and taking messages, mail out applications, photocopying, computer data input, organizing files, pick up & deliver inter-department mail, make coffee, and assists in keeping the volunteer office neat and organized.
- Emergency Department: Assists in stocking patient rooms, assists in clerical duties as needed, make up thank you cards, make up packets, and assists with other duties as needed.
- Volunteer Carrier/Lab Runner: Transports various labs to/from clinical areas throughout the hospital ( i.e. labs, charts, and specimens) will receive special training.
- Wayfinding: Providing directions and escorting patients, families and guests throughout the hospital. Exhibiting excellent customer service at all times.
- Gift Shop: Assists the gift shop with cashiering, sales, stocking merchandise, and blowing up balloons.
- Information Desk: Answering multi-lined phones, providing patient information as needed, providing directions, and exhibiting excellent customer service at all times.
- Hostess Cart: Take hostess cart to waiting areas offering families and guest soft drinks, coffee, and crackers.
- Cancer Resource Center (Genetic Counseling): Inputting patient data, preparing packets, greeting & escorting patients, and assisting with other clerical duties.
- Prime Time Visitor: Delivers Prime Time Informational Packets to patients 50 and older. Norton Prime Time is health & wellness and social membership for people 50 and over.
- rita ross
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!