Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the organization is TO LIFT THE DIGNITY OF THE INDIVIDUAL. This is done by providing critical, supportive, basic life services and inspiring persons to participate in the betterment of their neighborhood through volunteerism
Founded in 1968, INNER CITY DEVELOPMENT is a grassroots nonprofit, with all-volunteer staff and administration community-based organization that responds to emergency, educational, and recreational needs of the neighborhood on the Westside of San Antonio in the vicinity of the Alazan-Apache Public Housing Project.
ICD was originally formed by neighbors through the assistance of a Catholic priest as Inner City Apostolate. It is at this time independent of church, city, state or federal government authority.
1) An emergency food pantry that cares for families in crisis. They are helped with food for several days to bridge through the crisis. Families are limited to two visits for this service per year.
2) Emergency clothing for families and individuals in need. This program includes shoes for children in school. Part of this program also provides sack lunches for homeless adult individuals in the neighborhood.
3) An after-school reading program for elementary children that includes field trips and special projects.
4) A spring basketball league for over 100 3 rd, 4 th, 5 th and 6 th graders.
5) An extensive summer program for over 400 children registered; average daily attendance of 150.
6) A Christmas Toy Sale where toys are sold to neighbors in need, at extremely low prices.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!