Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Project Measure Up is to raise awareness of the prevalence of youth obesity in Bexar County and the related community prevention programs. Facilitating and advocating for activities and policies focused on youth prevention and reduction of obesity and increasing physical fitness, nutritional and educational prevention programs.
Work Hard!Play Hard!Volunteer Hard!
Who: Kinesiology students, physical therapy students, physical education students, nursing students, medical students, Senior Citizen groups, Social Service groups, nurses, student groups, and all individuals interested in supporting school districts throughout Bexar County can become a Project Measure Up Volunteer!
- Receive hands on skills in a physical education class environment
- Earn community volunteer hours for yourself and/or your organization
- Do something good for children in the community/Complete internship requirements
- Receive FREE CPR and AED Certification
- Support kids and help local schools meet a State requirement by donating your time
What: As a PMU Volunteer Corps Member, you will work closely with key staff at schools throughout Bexar County to conduct the state-mandated FitnessGram physical fitness assessment to students in grades 3-12. You will receive the appropriate FitnessGram training needed to conduct the fitness assessments. One free training session must be completed prior to volunteering.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!