Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Bountiful Churchyards seeks to increase access for those facing food insecurity to lands not otherwise available to them, such as churchyards, to grow or glean their own food. Our Vision is that people with limited resources available to purchase food will find welcoming spaces to grow or glean food for themselves and their families within walking distances of wherever they happen to be living.
To achieve its Mission and Vision, BountifulChurchyards.org promotes, and assists cooperating churches, temples, mosques, civic organizations or other landowners to undertake on their lands:
- the planting of edibles into, and/or labeling of any edibles already present in, existing perennial borders, hedges, and hedgerows;
- the development of community gardens, kitchen gardens and orchards, where space permits, on currently underutilized portions of churchyards;
- the development of community gleaning programs in localities that do not already have any operating.
To support cooperating organizations in their activities, generate revenue to cover organizational expenses, and provide natural forums for making connections with congregations, potential volunteers or supporters, Bountiful Churchyards intends to establish:
- its own nursery;
- a farmers market program;
- a landscaping service for churches who desire to infill with edibles but don’t have the staff or volunteers to do so on their own.