Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
It is the mission of Kaleidoscope to transform youth and community through arts and activism.
Kaleidoscope Youth in Arts
Kaleidoscope is a community based youth development program that celebrates the value of young people and the power of love. We seek to bring about positive transformation by creating an environment where youth can engage important issues through the arts and contribute back to society. Kaleidoscope is committed to 9 core values:
- Building positive and supportive relationships
- Pursuing social justice and active service to improve our society
- Encouragingdiversity in experiences and relationships
- Examining our world and ourselves through critical reflection
- Approaching issues with creativity and imagination
- Valuing and empowering youth by providing opportunities for leadership and participation
- Using the power of the arts for meaningful expression and personal, community and social transformation
Youth Art Teams
Kaleidoscope provides 8-week art sessions for middle and high school students. These teams focus on a specific art form such as music, dance, visual art, etc. and meet weekly in order to develop skills, build positive relationships and encourage expression.
Kaleidoscope regularly partners with youth serving organizations to provide arts-integrated curriculum in a variety of settings. Mentoring artists work in partnership with other agencies to develop and implement arts programs that address a variety of important issues.
Voices4Justice is a collaborative community initiative that connects area organizations around issues of social justice. It uses the arts and dialogue to creatively engage issues that matter to the community and seeks to encourage local leadership, especially among young people.
Kaleidoscope seeks to develop leadership, character and relationships among young people by connecting them with opportunities to serve their community and other areas of need. Service Learning includes local work projects, area partnerships and service-oriented trips.
Kaleidoscope is a non-profit organization affiliated with Western Kentucky University.
Kaleidoscope Youth In Art
1350 Durbin Dr.
Bowling Green, KY 42101
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!