Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the Elizabeth Stone House is to serve homeless families and individuals in a goal-oriented, outcome-driven service environment by resolving the issues that made them homeless - domestic violence, substance abuse, and mental illness - so that they can attain and maintain permanent housing, personal safety, and economic stability .
The Elizabeth Stone House was founded in 1974 and is located in Roxbury, MA. Primarily, the Stone House serves women and families from the Roxbury, Dorchester, and Jamaica Plain areas. The Stone House helps homeless individuals and families rebuild their lives after experiencing domestic violence, mental illness, substance abuse and other forms of trauma. Annually, the Stone House now serves more than 600 individuals.
To achieve its mission, the Elizabeth Stone House provides
- Emergency shelter for individuals and families fleeing domestic violence
- Transitional housing for homeless individuals and families affected by domestic violence, mental illness and substance abuse
- Wrap-around services including case management, support groups and classes for both Stone House and neighborhood residents
- Financial literacy and job search classes
- Therapeutic child care, case management, and family-centered activities for the children of our adult clients
- Jillian Hess
- (617) 427-9801 ext. 415
- Need admin access?