Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Stafford Junction is a growing network of collaboration among local churches, schools, service agencies, individuals, and the business community. The vision for Stafford Junction is to ensure there are sufficient resources available to transform the lives of children living in Stafford County who need assistance to reach their maximum potential. Stafford Junction is committed to a community where all children 1) can participate and take full advantage of a quality educational program; 2)are given meaningful life experiences that instill a habit of life-long learning and achievement; and 3) are given opportunities to develop into successful citizens and community leaders.
Brain Builders is an afterschool program that works will low income children in need of extra assistance at school. This program is a vital building block for setting the children we serve on an educational path to overall academic success, with the ultimate purpose of dropout prevention initiatives that generate increased school attendance, continued student academic gains, and improved behavioral patterns, all leading to increased graduation rates.?
This program meets twice a week from 3:40-5:00 pm at the following public schools:
Monday & Wednesday:
- Ferry Farm Elem / Falmouth Elem / Kate Waller Barrett / Hampton Oaks
- New At Rocky Run ** Wed Only ** Book Busters Reading Hour
- Hartwood Elem / Rocky Run Elem / Drew Middle
- Stafford High program here at Stafford Junction volunteer?
- Could you spare 3 hrs. per week? or even 1.5 hrs per week?
- Helping a child will not necessarily change the world, BUT it will change the world for that child! --- are you the one that can help?
Volunteering is as easy as listening to a child read, and you will receive training and support. We strive for a 1 to 1 ratio and most sites average 15 students in the program.