The 2018 hurricane season has been extraordinarily active in parts of the U.S., with Hurricane Florence currently impacting millions in the Carolinas. As this natural disaster unfolds, the staff here at VolunteerMatch is doing its part to ensure that, if you are in an affected community, you are prepared and safe. And if you are looking to help with disaster relief efforts, you know about the most effective ways to contribute.
NAMI New Mexico's mission is to help Advocate, Educate, Support the Mentally Ill and their families
NAMI - New Mexico New Mexico’s Voice on Mental Illness
NAMI-NEW MEXICO MISSION STATEMENT ADVOCACY - EDUCATION - SUPPORT
NAMI-New Mexico is an effective mental health organization dedicated to empowering and enlightening New Mexico’s diverse population thru advocacy, education and support. NAMI-New Mexico accomplishes its mission by:
* Providing education programs for families, individuals, providers and communities;
* Promoting innovative, state-wide education and treatment in diverse community settings;
* Working to abolish stigma;
* Working with all branches and levels of government to promote systems change and expand resources;
* Providing safe environments to promote resiliency and recovery.
* Our families often feel that the relationships developed through NAMI are very important in enhancing the quality of life for their family and their consumer. The stigma, denial and shame are often difficult to overcome and they find their association with NAMI lifts these burdens.
I volunteer at NAMI Westside and have been going to the peer connection group for about two months. I love the people and their passion, and I admire their drive to spread awareness. Mental illness is stigmatized in our society and I feel it is important to let folks know that there is help out there. There are people who truly care about mental illness and it's effect on those diagnosed and their family and friends. NAMI rocks!!!!