Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
NAMI New Mexico's mission is to help Advocate, Educate, Support the Mentally Ill and their families
NAMI - New Mexico
New Mexico’s Voice on Mental Illness
NAMI-NEW MEXICO MISSION STATEMENT
ADVOCACY - EDUCATION - SUPPORT
NAMI-New Mexico is an effective mental health organization dedicated to empowering and enlightening New Mexico’s diverse population thru advocacy, education and support.
NAMI-New Mexico accomplishes its mission by:
* Providing education programs for families, individuals, providers and communities;
* Promoting innovative, state-wide education and treatment in diverse community settings;
* Working to abolish stigma;
* Working with all branches and levels of government to promote systems change and expand resources;
* Providing safe environments to promote resiliency and recovery.
* Our families often feel that the relationships developed through NAMI are very important in enhancing the quality of life for their family and their consumer. The stigma, denial and shame are often difficult to overcome and they find their association with NAMI lifts these burdens.