Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
It is the mission of Brooklyn Public Library to ensure the preservation and transmission of society's knowledge, history and culture, and to provide the people of Brooklyn with free and open access to information for education, recreation and reference.
As an independent system, separate from the New York City and Queens libraries, Brooklyn Public Library serves the borough's 2.5 million residents, offering thousands of public programs, millions of books and use of more than 1,100 free Internet-accessible computers. Just some of the many things you can do at BPL:
- Use our Articles and Databases to conduct research
- Learn about Brooklyn's rich history at the Brooklyn Collection
- Get all the information you need to start your own enterprise at the Business Library
- Learn a new language at the Languages and Literature Division
- Attend an author reading, poetry discussion or other public program offered throughout the year
And much more. It's free - and it's at your doorstep in one of Brooklyn's 60 public libraries.
- Volunteer Resources
- Need admin access?