Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Big Wave Project is dedicated to: creating an inclusive and interactive community of people and businesses to provide a purposeful and independent life for individuals with developmental disabilities through affordable housing, meaningful employment, and a supportive community.
The Big Wave Community is founded on:
- Designing a safe, nuturing, socially integrative and educationally rich environment for individuals with developmental disabilities
- Providing a structure for individuals with developmental disabilities to become increasing self-sufficient and independent -- or continually grow toward self-sufficiency and independence-- and build meaningful lives for themselves
- Making financial security possible for Big Wave's developmentally disabled residents through affordable housing and access to employment opportunities bothonsite and offsite
- Hosting an educational and vocational organic farm and garden onsite that will provide meaningful employment and help the community center become more sustainable.
- Constructing a LEED-Certified, eco-friendly project to better our environment
- Integrating Big Wave residents into the greater community through volunteerism, accessible transportation, employment opportunities and collaboration with existing Bay Area and Coastside service providers
- Dilligently pursuing the mandate that the Big Wave Project shall be an important, interactive piece of the Coastside's business and social communities