Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Big Wave Project is dedicated to: creating an inclusive and interactive community of people and businesses to provide a purposeful and independent life for individuals with developmental disabilities through affordable housing, meaningful employment, and a supportive community.
The Big Wave Community is founded on:
- Designing a safe, nuturing, socially integrative and educationally rich environment for individuals with developmental disabilities
- Providing a structure for individuals with developmental disabilities to become increasing self-sufficient and independent -- or continually grow toward self-sufficiency and independence-- and build meaningful lives for themselves
- Making financial security possible for Big Wave's developmentally disabled residents through affordable housing and access to employment opportunities bothonsite and offsite
- Hosting an educational and vocational organic farm and garden onsite that will provide meaningful employment and help the community center become more sustainable.
- Constructing a LEED-Certified, eco-friendly project to better our environment
- Integrating Big Wave residents into the greater community through volunteerism, accessible transportation, employment opportunities and collaboration with existing Bay Area and Coastside service providers
- Dilligently pursuing the mandate that the Big Wave Project shall be an important, interactive piece of the Coastside's business and social communities
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!