Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
AHA! engages humans in innovative learning programs that help them to better understand and live in harmony with the many magnificent creatures with whom we we share our planet. We also seek to connect people with the resources they need to understand, enjoy, and aid animals--domestic or wild.
AHA! is a new organization working in northern Illinois. We make it easy to help animals. Through our humane resource network, our "Almost Free" spay/neuter program, and our evocative education programs, we make it easy for people to help animals, both domestic and wild.
AHA! also shares messages with a global audience through web media. To date, our humane education programs have included:
- A popular web music video promoting the spay and neuter message.
- A Wildlife Expert Forum to teach people how to live companionably with wildlife and where to turn when they find injured or abandoned wildlife.
- A webinar sponsored by Best Friends Animal Society that teaches participants how to create and distribute a message via web video
We also operate a weekly "Almost Free" spay and neuter program and maintain a comprehensive database of animal resources in our region.
Our focus is on the positive. Our goals include:
- To generate innovative approaches to animal welfare challenges, and to actively promote and firmly instill these new approaches.
- To educate the general public about issues affecting the preservation of domestic animals and wildlife.
- To promote respect and harmony between nature, her creatures, and humans.
- To provide access to low cost spay and neuter services for all pet owners in AHA!'s service area.
- To create cooperative alliances between local governments, humane organizations, animal health and welfare professionals, and compassionate individuals.
- To provide educational opportunities to animal health and welfare professionals in a tranquil, transformational learning environment.
- Sharon Johnson
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!