Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Founded in 1979 and incorporated in the State of Hawaii, the Arizona Memorial Museum Association (AMMA) is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization and a Cooperating Association designated to work with the National Park Service in support of four National Parks in the Pacific: the USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii; the Kalaupapa national Historical Park on Molokai, Hawaii; the War in the Pacific National Historical Park in Guam and the American Memorial Park on Saipan.
The Mission and Goals of AMMA are to:
• Function as a national Park Cooperating Association.
• Plan and implement educational activities, curriculum and materials related to Pearl Harbor and the War in the Pacific.
• Promote scientific, educational, historical and interpretive activities of the NPS.
• Promote programs of research in the areas administered by the NPS and to further the interpretive aims of areas administered by the NPS.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of libraries and museums in areas administered by the NPS
• Assist the NPS in the acquisition of non-Federal lands.
• Publish and distribute information concerning the USS Arizona Memorial and WWII in the Pacific.
The Arizona Memorial Museum Association grew out of the Arizona Memorial Museum Foundation (AMMF), formed in 1974 by the Fleet Reserve Association (FRA) Pearl Harbor Branch 46. At the requested by the U.S. Navy, the AMMF led the effort to raise the $4,900,000 for the construction of the original USS Arizona Memorial Museum Association with many of the original founding FRA members, many of whom are Pearl Harbor Survivors, continuing as directors of the AMMA governing board.
The vision of the Pearl Harbor Memorial Fund is an ambitious one, to raise money for the construction of a new Pearl Harbor Memorial Museum & Visitor Center. In order to make the new museum and visitor center a areality, the campaign has set a goal of $52 million that includes an endowment for future programming and operations.
Contributions from individuals, families, corporations, and foundations are welcome. Special gifts may be made in honor or memory of a relative, friend, or comrade who fought or served at Pearl Harbor, in the War in the Paicific, in WWII or who was part of the war effort.
- Sandy Flippo
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!