Wildfires are devastating communities across California, causing more than 300,000 people to evacuate their homes and threatening many more. The Camp Fire in Northern California -- one of three blazing across the state -- is the most destructive in state history. We want to ensure that, if you are in an affected community, you find access to shelter. And if you are looking to help with disaster relief efforts, you know the most effective ways to contribute.
Community Living Campaign builds connections to help seniors and people with disabilities age and thrive in their own homes and communities.
We work with San Francisco seniors and people with disabilities to increase the connections, resources, and support needed to age and thrive in their own homes and neighborhoods.
We organize free activities and programs like computer classes, healthy aging workshops, senior exercise groups, and grocery delivery. These activities offer practical support and teach valuable skills. But most importantly, they create opportunities for folks to make the friendships they need to age well at home.
Studies show that only 20% of what people need to age at home comes from formal services. The other 80% comes from friends, faith groups, and other community connections.
Meeting the needs of an aging population is a huge undertaking. So we also build coalitions, bringing together neighbors, community organizations, businesses, and City agencies to organize and advocate around issues that are too big for any of us to solve alone. Most recently, these have included the SF Tech Council and the Dignity Fund Coalition.