Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Illinois Department of Human Services, Office of Human Resources, Bureau of Employee Assistance and Support Service's Volunteer Services Program is designed to enhance DHS' mission to assist Illinois residents to achieve self-sufficiency, independence and health to the maximum extent possible.
The program provides assistance that mentors, nurtures and is designed to enhance activities provided by DHS, as well as facilitates a positive relationship with the community.
The value of volunteers is immeasurable and enhances the lives of the individuals we serve.
All potential volunteers are required to complete background and reference checks and ensure confidentiality is not compromised.
Volunteers assist by providing services, such as:
- religious services
- entertainment (crafts, dances, music, parties, and socializing games)
- special events (Special Olympics, fishing expeditions, cook outs, scuba diving, sports, annual community events, health fairs, and wellness events)
- sorting and distributing clothing
- tutoring, teach reaching skills
- help with special projects such as put together packets for special events and training
- Diana McKenzie
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!