Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Believing that all schools can improve performance through relationships with external partners, the Giving Tree's mission is to extend personalized educational resources in the form of: teacher workshops, professional coaching, administrative development, student programming.
· The Giving Tree Educational Consultants is a Chicago based, 501(c) 3, Educational Consulting company organized to provide higher quality professional development and programming content to administrators, teachers and students.
· We operate under the belief that everyone within a school can benefit from relationships with external partners. Currently we are developing and presenting curriculum based workshops to teachers that address a variety of topics such as classroom management, fostering literacy and science.
· Hoping to serve as an organizational model, The Giving Tree's vision is that all schools will have greater access to resources that are flexible, innovative, and individualistic enough to suit each person's lasting needs.
· The Giving Tree Educational Consultants has created it's own model for offering professional development content that is referred to as R.I.S.E (Reflective, Interactive, Socratic and Engaging). The R.I.S.E. model represents the elements that we feel are necessary in order to provide development and training that helps the participant meet both personal and state educational goals.
· Our organization started out in _______ as an organization called Planet W.U.N. that facilitated a successful character development program called Ladies A.L.I.V.E. at Gage Park High School on Chicago's Southwest side.
· In the summer of 2007 Planet W.U.N. merged with a company called The Giving Tree, a consulting company that started out by offering a home day care services and after school programs. Seeking a broader scope in which to serve, the two companies became The Giving Tree Educational Consultants.
· In the years to come we plan to continue researching educational needs and providing solutions that will address gang violence, character development, teacher retention and school management.
· The Giving Tree Educational Consultants is founded and run by Eric McLoyd (Executive Director) and Bridgett Scarborough (Director).
· The Giving Tree is actively seeking new partnerships, volunteers and ways to serve.
Our mailing address is P.O. Box 268496, Chicago, IL 60626. Our phone number is 773-465-7005. We can also be reached via email at email@example.com .
- Bridgett Scarborough
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!