During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
L.A. Kitchen believes that neither food nor people should ever go to waste. By reclaiming healthy, local food that would oth erwise be discarded, training men and women who are unemployed for jobs, and providing healthy meals to fellow citizens, L.A. Kitchen empowers, nourishes, and engages the community.
L.A. Kitchen believes that:
1. Neither food nor people should ever go to waste. We recognize the potential of the community ’s existing resources and are dedicated to revealing their power to nourish and uplift.
2. All people have potential, and every person has a role in strengthening the community. We will engage all volunteers, staff, and students in meaningful, impactful work.
3. Hunger isn’t about food. We will work to address the root causes of poverty, employing a variety of dynamic approaches to nourish the community.
4. Programs should empower individuals and inspire independence. We will only partner with organizations that share these values, providing them with nutritious meals to help achieve their mission, strengthen their clients, and uplift the community.
5. Our impact will not be measured in pounds moved or meals served. We will employ nuanced metrics to provoke deeper dialogue about food, hunger and poverty.
6. Wealth derived from the community should be reinvested locally. We use our resources to strengthen the local economy and invest in the future of our employees.
7. We will not apply shallow overhead practices. We will challenge status quo, providing all employees a living wage and opportunities to invest in their future retirement.
8. Investments should be made in both the present and the future. We will promote intergenerational programming that empowers all individuals, young and old alike.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!