Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
'Our mission is to provide for the health, safety and welfare of Washtenaw County citizens and the protection of surface water and the environment and to promote the long term environmental and economic sustainability of Washtenaw County by providing storm water management, flood control, development review and water quality programs.'
Our staff includes professionals in the fields of storm water system operations, public administration, financing, accounting, drain special assessing, engineering, construction management, environmental planning, geographic information system technology, and more.The Office of the Washtenaw County Water Resources Commissioner is responsible for:
- Design, construction, and operation and maintenance of over 500 storm water management and flood control systems (County Drains)
- Emergency flood response
- Maintenance of seven court set lake levels
- Financing drain projects through sale of notes and bonds
- Managing Drain financial accounts
- Recovering costs of operation by levying special assessmentson private property, local government, and others who benefit from drainage and storm water management improvement projects.
- Implementation of the federally-mandated Phase II Stormwater Permit Program
- Review and issue approval to plans for private storm water systems in new developments and redevelopments.
- Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control
- Public Works programs
- Watershed plan development and implementation
- Public education and involvement programs, including the Community Partners for Clean Streams Program, RiverSafe Homes Program, and Rain Garden Program.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!