Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The University of Southern California Healthy Minds Volunteer Corps aim to investigate how aging affects thinking and emotion and what can be done to maintain healthy minds as we age.
The Healthy Minds Volunteer Corps is a group of volunteers ages 18-100 who are interested in helping USC researchers complete their various projects by participating in studies. Here is a list of the USC Healthy Minds faculty members and brief descriptions of what their projects focus on:
- Antonio Damasio and Hanna Damasio: The normal structure of the human brain; brain function during the experience of emotion, musical performance and decision making
- Gerald Davison: Positive emotions like happiness and life satisfaction in older adults
- Margaret Gatz: Risk and protective factors for cognition and dementia
- Bob Knight: Emotion and thinking and aging
- Mara Mather: Age differences in decision making and emotional memory/learning
- Margaret McLaughlin: Using computer games to enhance older adults' cognitive functioning
- Thomas Parsons: Computerized neuropsychological testing in aging and the impact of cognitive problems on activities of daily living
- Albert Rizzo: Using Virtual Reality to measure and train cognitive and motor abilities in older adults
- Lon Schneider: Clinical studies of Alzheimer's Disease
- Bosco Tjan: Vision of older adults and image-enhancement technologies
- David Walsh: Age differences in decision making and beliefs
- Elizabeth Zelinski: Cognition, memory and language comprehension in older adults
If interested in joining, please visit our website: http://www.usc.edu/dept/gero/participate/ or call 213-740-9543
- Mather Lab
- (213) 740 - 9543
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!