Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Community Food Share’s mission is to be a leader in our community’s effort to end hunger in Boulder and Broomfield Counties.
Service with Excellence
- As a Feeding America food bank, we will serve those in need by efficiently providing food to our clients and partners while maintaining the highest standards of food safety.
- We will challenge ourselves to adapt to the changing needs of our community, collaborating with our partners to find new ways to ensure food security and provide access to services that address underlying causes of poverty.
Education and Awareness
- We will engage our partners and the broader community with hunger awareness outreach, promoting the conviction that together, we can reduce - and eventually eliminate - hunger.
- We will provide our clients access to fresh, nourishing food and nutrition education, with a special emphasis on children, seniors and other populations of greatest need.
Compassion and Trust
- We will create a culture of respect and inspire a spirit of hope in our clients, partners and each other by honoring our differences while remaining mindful of the shared goals that unite us.
Community Food Share is Boulder and Broomfield Counties’ food bank.
We collect donated food from many sources, and store the donated food in our warehouse where it is sorted, packaged, and checked for spoilage. Approximately 50 local human service agencies rely on us for free food to pass on to their clients. We also operate programs like the Feeding Families program which provides free food to families with school-children living in poverty.