Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Mission STATEMENT (Abbreviated)
Providing pre-school education to the most needy children in Pangasinan Province, Philippine Islands (P.I.) and in Bandundu Province, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
Effective education involves much more than books and teachers. A more holistic approach is needed. Attention to the health, nutritional, emotional, spiritual, economic, and safety needs of students and their parents (indeed, the whole village), things we take for granted, greatly increases the value of educational investments.
Based on data from the UNITED NATIONS (http://online.wsj.com/articles/smart-aid-for-the-worlds-poor-1406326677) the top five 2030 goals for funding, based on the work of the Copenhagen Consensus group would be:
1. Reduce malnutrition. P&C Endowment will interpret this to include support for agricultural programs.
2. Tackle malaria and tuberculosis. P&C Endowment will interpret this to include support for any and all medical services.
3. Boost preprimary education. This is P&C Endowments primary mission. P&C Endowment will also support all education, including teacher education, improvement and supplies for primary and secondary schools, and scholarships for advanced education.
4. Provide universal access to sexual and reproductive health.
5. Expand free trade. P&C will apply a broad interpretation.
P&C Endowment has a primary focus on education in Pangisinan Province in the Philipinnes (P.I.( and The Democratice Republic of the Congo (DRC). We support 11 kids in the P.I. and have started 6 preschools in the DRC. The preschools started with 168 students, and now have 195 students. The villages with the preschools have asked if we would please start enough preschools for all the kids in the village. The surrounding villages have asked us to start preschools in their villages.
In our travel in these countries, we encounter other needs, which we try to have other organizations come to fill.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!