Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Fushu Daiko presents traditional Japanese performing arts in a modern and innovative form that is unique to South Florida - reflecting the multicultural make-up of our ensemble and the South Florida culture in which we live. Through the energetic experience of taiko drumming, we promote healthy individuals and connected communities.
Fushu Daiko does this by:
1) PERFORMING new and traditional music, nationwide, at events of all sizes and scope;
2) COMPOSING music that preserves the traditional way of taiko and infuses new expressions into the performances that reflect our community;
3)EDUCATING by providing taiko classes, training, workshops and lectures, and performances;
4)SUPPORTING COMMUNITY by providing free performances to promote good causes, partner to strengthen ties within the community, and bring people together through the art of taiko drumming.
We believe that the practice of taiko drumming offers many health benefits to individuals and communities.
Learning to become a taiko drummer is a process of self-discovery and personal growth. Fushu Daiko has seen many of its members (both student & performer) given great strength by their taiko practice, which often has aided them through exceedingly difficult times in their personal lives.
Audiences who are present receive a truly cathartic experience which leaves them energized and optimistic. It is our belief that taiko drumming has the ability to reduce anger and violence while enhancing teamwork and building self-confidence. Most Fushu Daiko performers have been approached by audience members recounting their surprise at finding themselves moved to tears by the performance.
- 2015 Broward100 Performer - Fushu Daiko was chosen to be one of 20 artists out of 2,000 auditioned to represent Broward County in 'WE - The Passion & Rhythm of The People' - Broward County's centennial broadway-style finale event.
- 2015 Taiko Jam Performer - invited by the North American Taiko Community to be one of four performers at the keynote concert of the North American Taiko Conference in Las Vegas.
- 2014 Outstanding Performance Award by The Asian American Advisory Board of Mia-Dade Co (Asian Culture Festival - Homestead, FL)
- 2014 Creative Investment Program Grant from Broward Cultural Division
- 2013 International Taiko Festival performer - second invitation to perform along with top teachers and performers from Japan and the US at the most prestigious taiko event in N. America.
- Recognized by the Mayor of Miami and the Consulate General of Japan in Miami for creating a greater understanding of the Japanese culture in our community and strengthening the bonds between Florida, USA, and Japan.
- Jennifer Hoffman
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!