Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Muslim Legal Fund of America is a charity that funds legal work and programs to defend Muslims against injustice in American courtrooms, prisons, and communities.
- The U.S. Bill of Rights applies to Muslims in America.
- Muslims have the right to fair trials.
- Being Muslim should not make you a suspect or target of law enforcement agencies.
- Injustice against one is an injustice against all.
- Without justice, there is no freedom or liberty.
What’s happening to Muslims in America?
- Unjust prosecutions and unfair trials
- Excessive sentences for Muslim prisoners
- Cruel prison conditions applied to Muslims
- Informants targeting vulnerable youth
- Muslims being intimidated into betraying their faith
MLFA Guiding Principles
- Islam came to establish justice between people.
- As Muslims, we have a religious obligation to support and promote justice.
- As a community, we need to work together and pool our collective resources to make the greatest, positive impact on the state of justice for Muslims in America.
- Religious freedom means being able to openly express your religious identity without fear of negative legal or social consequences.
- As an organization, MLFA and its supporters are fulfilling the religious obligation to defend the principles of justice that make Islam a beautiful religion and America a great nation.
To fulfill its mission, MLFA:
- Funds legal cases that have potential impact on the status of freedom for Muslims in America.
- Issues grants for projects that increase the legal community’s capacity to defend justice in issues of concern to the Muslim community.
- Conducts informational programs in hundreds of community centers across the nation to spread awareness of specific issues and cases impacting the Muslim community in America.
- Abu Ibrahim Abdullah
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!