Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Muslim Legal Fund of America is a charity that funds legal work and programs to defend Muslims against injustice in American courtrooms, prisons, and communities.
- The U.S. Bill of Rights applies to Muslims in America.
- Muslims have the right to fair trials.
- Being Muslim should not make you a suspect or target of law enforcement agencies.
- Injustice against one is an injustice against all.
- Without justice, there is no freedom or liberty.
What’s happening to Muslims in America?
- Unjust prosecutions and unfair trials
- Excessive sentences for Muslim prisoners
- Cruel prison conditions applied to Muslims
- Informants targeting vulnerable youth
- Muslims being intimidated into betraying their faith
MLFA Guiding Principles
- Islam came to establish justice between people.
- As Muslims, we have a religious obligation to support and promote justice.
- As a community, we need to work together and pool our collective resources to make the greatest, positive impact on the state of justice for Muslims in America.
- Religious freedom means being able to openly express your religious identity without fear of negative legal or social consequences.
- As an organization, MLFA and its supporters are fulfilling the religious obligation to defend the principles of justice that make Islam a beautiful religion and America a great nation.
To fulfill its mission, MLFA:
- Funds legal cases that have potential impact on the status of freedom for Muslims in America.
- Issues grants for projects that increase the legal community’s capacity to defend justice in issues of concern to the Muslim community.
- Conducts informational programs in hundreds of community centers across the nation to spread awareness of specific issues and cases impacting the Muslim community in America.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!