Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Vision, Mission, Values Vision
The vision of Emmanuel Hospice is to shape a community, which embraces death as a meaningful transition through the care of mind, body and spirit.
The mission of Emmanuel Hospice, an interfaith partnership, is to provide exemplary spiritual and physical care creating a peaceful experience for the dying and their loved ones.
- We value the unique experience of each individual and their loved ones during this life transition.
- We provide the ministry of presence to those who allow us to journey with them at life’s end.
- We express compassion by being examples of our name, Emmanuel. God is with us.
- We anticipate eternal life.
- We offer the hope of eternal life to all those we serve.
- We celebrate death as a beginning, not an end.
- We exercise careful and responsible management of the resources, both material and human, entrusted to us.
- We seek innovative practices to increase our resources, to meet challenges, and to provide cutting-edge services.
- We support and strengthen our faith base through cultural and spiritual diversity.
- We honor the dignity of every person.
- We recognize the individual physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual needs of each person.
- We endeavor to deliver the highest level of courtesy and service.
If you would like to learn more about Emmanuel Hospice, you may fill out our contact form or call our office at 616.719.0919, 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Why Choose Emmanuel Hospice?
Emmanuel Hospice is an interfaith collaboration of four local organizations with over 200 years of combined experience providing quality health care services in West Michigan.
St. Ann’s, Clark, Porter Hills and Sunset have joined together to deliver the highest level of holistic care to those who have reached the end of life.
The foundation of our partnership is rooted in common missions and values. This has enabled us, as like-minded organizations, to share resources, skills and expertise to better serve those in our community with a life-limiting illness or condition.
We are united in our aspiration to create a peaceful experience in any setting for the dying and their loved ones by providing exemplary spiritual and physical care. Our team is intensely focused on what is most important to each patient and family, and we encourage those we serve to celebrate life.
We begin every relationship by asking "How do you want to LIVE?", then strive to fulfill the individual wishes of our patients and their families.