Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
For over 90 years, Amara has been providing services to families and children. Throughout our history we have developed pioneering programs to meet the changing needs of our community’s children, youth and families. Our mission is to create and support stable, loving homes for vulnerable children.
We work to facilitate adoption of children from Washington state foster care (foster-to-adopt). We follow a thorough, thoughtful process to ensure quality placements for every child.
Our values are a critical part of who we are as an organization and they guide us every day.
- We work in partnership with families on behalf of children.
- We focus primarily on the well-being of each child.
- We believe that children thrive in secure and nurturing permanence.
- We respect and embrace differences in abilities, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, culture, and perspective.
- We operate with professional and personal integrity, maintaining high standards.