Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to improve the quality of life,
health and healthcare services for those in
our community most in-need through
intensive and culturally specific outreach
education and counseling services.
Our vision is to be a leader in providing
uniquely personal, client-centered services
to people who are most in need.
Our community focus and commitment is to
empower people to live healthier, happier
lives by improved access to healthcare
services and information.
K.I. Services, Inc "Karing with Individuality" was established in 2001.The organization provides a gateway to individuals living with chronic and or communicable diseases, that is facilitate through prevention health education, community outreach and some health pre-screening. We’re located in the City of Alexandria, Virginia and provide services and programs to all of Northern Virginia. The organization’s mission is to improve the quality of life, health and healthcare services of those in our community most in need through intensive and culturally specific outreach, health education, and counseling services. Our vision is to be a leader in providing uniquely personal, client-centered services to people who are most in need. Our community focus and commitment is to empower people to live healthier, happier lives by improved access to healthcare services and information.
K.I.Services, Inc (KIS) provides a gateway to healthcare in Northern Virginia by providing outreach, education and prescreening for some chronic and communicable diseases. These resources are specifically targeted to help people of color fight HIV/AIDS, STDs and other chronic diseases. KIS is unique in its approach, in that it’s the only organization in Northern Virginia providing culturally competent services and programs, which focuses all of its efforts on the prevention, education, and treatment needs of people of color living with HIV/AIDS.
Advancing the overall health of at-risk HIV individuals and those living with other chronic diseases is within our community’s power. K.I.Services, Inc advances community prevention efforts by:
- developing comprehensive programs which address the many co-factors of HIV infection among people of color -- including drug and alcohol abuse, homelessness, poverty, mental health issues, incarceration, low-self esteem, violence, and exposure to peers which encourage unhealthy and risky behavior.
- battling stigma and indifference by raising community awareness about the threat HIV/AIDS poses to MSM of color;
- providing HIV information and innovative prevention strategies to MSM, Women, young adults and adults;
- uniting with other organizations to ensure that young adults and adults receive culturally appropriate and easily accessible prevention, health care, and counseling services;
- provides a safe environment to all who seek services.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!