Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Care at Home New Jersey is a non-profit organization associated with Vanguard Medical Group, whose mission is to support the home-bound elderly and their caregivers by helping patients to age-in-place.
Our offerings include:
- Identifying and connecting with socially-isolated seniors who may be homebound, and providing coordination of medical and community services;
- Collaboration with Vanguard Medical Group, a family practice with 6 locations in Northern New Jersey, including the "Primary Care at Home" program comprised of a geriatrician and nurse practitioners who make house calls on a regular and urgent basis;
- Using technology such as customized, large-screen computers placed in the patient's home, which allows seniors to communicate with loved ones and with the Care at Home NJ staff via video conferencing, also known as Skype visits;
- A comprehensive online Resource Guide which lists medical, social, community and governmental services, including those providers who make house calls to the homebound elderly;
- The Caregiver Support Group, held on the second Thursday of each month at Vanguard Medical Group in the Verona office, offered in both an afternoon and evening session;
- An Online Discussion Forum, moderated by our social worker, which provides a place for patients and their caregivers to connect with others, engage in informative discourse, and find the services they need -- whether it be housing, in-home care, medical services, or other issues common to caregivers.
- alexandra kent
- 973-239-2600 x 1075
- Need admin access?