Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Grow local and organic! We are a farmer-driven, membership-based organization that advocates for fair farm and food policies, builds the systems that organic family farms need to thrive, and educates communities about local, organic farming.
We're on a mission to bring local, organic food to your table from a farmer who shares your values. Our vision is a vibrant, sustainable food system that is good for consumers, good for farmers and farm workers, and good for the land.
Founded in 1979, we are the oldest and largest sustainable agriculture organization in the Southeast. For over three decades, we have successfully united farmers, consumers and businesses to build a just, healthy food and farming future.OUR MISSION
We help people in the Carolinas grow and eat local, organic food by advocating for fair farm and food policies, building the systems that organic family farms need to thrive, and educating communities about local, organic farming.OUR VISION
Create a regional food system that is good for consumers, good for farmers and farmworkers, and good for the land.OUR VALUES
As an organization:
- We champion a food system that is secure and stable.
- We respect the role of the farmer, processor, distributor and consumer in the system.
- We support efforts to provide consumers healthy, safe, quality food. These efforts include:
- promoting organic standards,
- preserving non-genetically modified seeds and heritage breeds and
- recovering locally-adapted breeds and seeds.
- We revere our natural resources and are responsible for protecting these resources for future generations.
- We believe providing resources for the producer, purchaser and policymaker encourages accountability from the field to the fork.