Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of My Time Inc is to support, empower, educate, enlighten and uplift parents of a child diagnosed with Developmental Disabilities and Autism to live a quality of life they deserve in their community.My Time, Inc. as a not-for-profit Support Center for parents, grandparents, and caregivers of an individual diagnosed with developmental disabilities and Autism My Time, Inc. provides a non-judgmental, supportive environment that encourages parents to meet; share ideas, concerns and solutions; find information; or take a critically needed break from their daily routines and stresses. Parents will meet with other parents in similar situations to have fun, share with others and find out about other available community support and services. Research-based parenting information will also be provided at group meetings and workshops. My Time Inc's goal is to give appropriate strategies and skills to work with developmentally disabled children at home and advocate on their behalf navigating governmental regulatory structures. My Time Inc will provide a place of refuge, free expression and relaxation.
PARENT SUPPORT GROUP Parent support group meetings will be held weekly. These sessions are for two hours. Parents focus on topics relating to the children's disorders or their needs. The group will also facilitate a network of families and resources that are available to help parents and others meet the needs of their children. Parents can choose topics and activities they would like to be able to explore and discuss with each other. In addition to this, the following will be provided
- On-going support
- Help in time of crisis
- Reinforce positive coping behaviors
- Help focus anger and use its energy in positive ways
- Share information, ideas and resources
- Provide training for parents to increase skills
- Help in dealing with educational, medical and other service agencies
- Give an opportunity to relieve loneliness and form new friendships
- Balancing children's needs with the needs of other family members
- Managing time and learning to cope better with stress
- Dealing with community attitudes
- Navigating governmental structures
- Find ways of getting reliable, honest and correct information, as well as practical and emotional support
- Helping with children's development and play ideas.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!