The 2018 hurricane season has been extraordinarily active in parts of the U.S., with Hurricane Florence currently impacting millions in the Carolinas. As this natural disaster unfolds, the staff here at VolunteerMatch is doing its part to ensure that, if you are in an affected community, you are prepared and safe. And if you are looking to help with disaster relief efforts, you know about the most effective ways to contribute.
The Peace and Justice CenterThe Peace and Justice Center
The mission of The Peace & Justice Center is to provide health and wellness programs, educational programs and economic development opportunities that benefit communities locally and globally Read more
The mission of The Peace & Justice Center is to provide health and wellness programs, educational programs and economic development opportunities that benefit communities locally and globally
Our objectives in The Peace & Justice Center are as follows:
1. Serve the wellness needs of people locally, regionally and globally by linking health, social service and business resources. A critical component is providing all people in the world access to clean drinking water.
2. Implement programs in economically depressed areas that create long term and sustainable economic development.
3. Provide a wholesale, retail and virtual outlet for the distribution of goods and services produced in economically depressed areas. These distribution outlets, both physical and virtual, will provide the additional vehicle to broaden the knowledge of the general public of the critical issues facing the people living in depressed communities.
4. Address local poverty issues especially with chilren through comprehensive programs
5. Create educational opportunities for all people to better understand and comprehend the cultural, economic and humane aspects of the world issues of poverty, migration, health and wellness.