Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Providing oversight and insight for Sacramento County's senior and dependent adult population. Like other regions in California, Sacramento is home to a growing population of older adults and dependent adults. It is the mandate of the Sacramento County Adult and Aging Commission to monitor services available to these populations and to advise the County Board of Supervisors. The Commission is comprised of volunteers representative of the diversity and various regions of the community.
The Sacramento Adult and Aging Commission tracks aging trends, monitors services and listens to input from providers of services and from the public.
The Commission presents elected officials with detailed information about resources and needs that can help guide County decision makers in matters
concerning older and dependent adults.
The role of the Adult and Aging Commission is to:
- Advise the Board of Supervisors on matters relating to older and dependent adults
- Promote and oversee development of services for older and dependent adults
- Educate and inform the community about the needs and concerns of older and dependent adults
- Inform older adults and their families about available community resources and services
- Seek alternatives to institutionalization by supporting programs that help older and dependent adults
- Build partnerships within the community
- Examine older and dependent adult issues
- Oversee the adult protective services system
- Advocate for sustained human services programs and resources
- Silvia Molina
- Need admin access?