Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The New York Innovative Theatre Foundation was created to bring recognition to the great work being done in New York City's Off-Off-Broadway, to honor its artistic heritage, and to provide a meeting ground for this extensive community. The organization advocates for Off-Off-Broadway and recognizes the unique and essential role it plays in contributing to American and global culture. We believe that publicly recognizing excellence in Off-Off-Broadway will expand audience awareness and appreciation of the full New York theatre experience.
The IT Awards is a not-for-profit arts organization supporting the Off-Off-Broadway community by:
- Celebrating and Recognizing extraordinary Off-Off-Broadway Theatre
- Strengthening the community and collective identity of Off-Off-Broadway
- Honoring our artistic heritage
- Advancing public interest in and understanding of the theatrical arts
The IT Awards’ process involves all levels of the New York theatre community.
- Off-Off Broadway Community - We recognize some of the best work being done by the estimated 40,000 artists working in Off-Off-Broadway each year.
- Audience Participation - Audience members have a voice, too. They can log on and offer their scores for theatre they see.
- Judging Pool - Artists from all levels of Off-Off-Broadway theatre, as well as professionals from the New York theatre and entertainment community at large, evaluate productions through out the season.
- Awards Committee - Artistic directors and theatre professionals determine the recipients of the honorary IT awards.
- Volunteers - Members of our community, along with business professionals who give their time and resources to support the New York Innovative Theatre Awards.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!