Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Colorado Technical University, an institution of higher learning, is to provide career-oriented education by teaching applied, real-world, industry-current programs in selected areas, serving the needs of students for employment and career advancement and the needs of industry for highly qualified professionals at the associate, bachelor's, master's and doctorate levels.
Colorado Technical University will be recognized nationally and internationally as the University of Choice and the University of Choices. We will achieve this by continued focus on quality curriculum; on innovative and effective delivery, and on excellent customer service for an increasing number of learners.
To achieve its mission, Colorado Technical University strives to:
- Maintain its focus on learning and its commitment to continuous improvement of student learning and teaching effectiveness through systematic assessment and innovation in curriculum, delivery and service.
- Use the CTU Professional Learning Model™ to foster ready-to-achieve learning experiences that result in demonstrated competencies; students are provided hands-on, industry-related, problem-solving experiences that model the professional environment and encourage achievements that lead to student and employer success.
- Maintain an applied research and problem solving focus in the CTU Professional Learning Model™ to promote an educational background at all levels that promotes students to adapt to dynamic environments, become life-long learners as well as life-long contributors to themselves, their families, their profession, and our society.
- Ensure high-tech is integrated with high-touch customer service; provide students with a sensitive and motivating environment of supportive services in career planning, academic advising, and financial and career services to enhance students’ probability of success.
- Maintain current and relevant programs through active participation with the business community; this interaction is conducted through our advisory boards and faculty selection, and enables Colorado Technical University to identify and implement timely curriculum and equipment changes in selected programs.
- Provide an environment that is conducive to professional growth, encouraging the faculty and administrative team to engage in scholarly and professional activities that support the university’s mission and the needs of its students, industry and the community.
- Select faculty with demonstrated industry experience, advanced degrees and teaching qualifications to deliver industry-current education; provide on-going professional development, review and certification, especially in fostering student success through teaching and support.
- Recognize and support the diverse backgrounds and needs of its stakeholders and create an intellectual, cultural and social environment on campus and online in which the creative energy and variety of insights that result from diversity will strengthen the integrity, learning, and social fabric of the University.