Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
PACE Career Academy is dedicated to allowing students to partner in the design of their academic, career and personal growth paths with a goal of becoming an essential part of their community, family and world of work. This non-traditional high school offers a highly personalized combination of personal development, core academics and career experience.
- To support students’ development of self-confidence, personal responsibility, work ethic, and a life plan.
- To utilize both Common Core and cross-cutting competencies to provide students with a concrete, focused and practical pathway to graduation and their adult lives.
- To emphasize the use of authentic assessment in the evaluation of student’s attainment of competencies.
- To provide a rich and varied background in the uses and manipulation of various technologies, which will supply students with the foundation to apply and evolve their expertise with these tools in any career setting.
- To work collaboratively with students, school personnel, parents and community members to create a highly personalized and inclusive education and career plan for each student.
PACE Career Academy is a three-year-old innovative charter high school, combining career internships with a standard academic program. It provides small classes, individualized instruction, opportunity for independent projects, and significant work experience in the community. It serves students who may be at risk of dropping out and it strengthens the community by graduating students who have a career plan, some work experience, and a sense of personal responsibility and excellent work ethic.
To allow students "to partner in the design of their academic, career, and personal growth paths with a goal of becoming an essential part of their community, family and world of work."
PACE was started in 2011 with twenty students; it currently enrolls 30 with a waiting list and plans to expand next year to 40 students. Presently it serves students from Concord, Manchester, Hooksett, Pembroke, Allenstown, Epsom, Chicester, Loudon, and Bow.
Each student spends half the day in the classroom and the other half day in an internship in the community.
Classroom instruction follows individual interests as much as possible and academic work combines small classes with on-line courses. In addition, each student develops an independent project every quarter including a research paper, Power Point slides, and visual display board and makes a final oral public presentation to parents and friends.
Internships have included work in manufacturing and construction, automotive repair, property maintanence and landscaping, public TV, animal rescue, fire department training, and work with students with disability
The staff includes three full-time teachers, one of whom is a career specialist, a director who also teaches and does counselling, and an office manager. Guest speakers address vocational interests and there is outreach to parents to offer educational programs, e.g. concerning students with special needs.
Thank you considering this request, if you would like more information about PACE Career Academy, I can be reached at 603 210 1882 or via my cell at 603 781 5983.
- martin castle
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!