During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
AFA Mission: To provide optimal care and services to individuals confronting dementia, and to their caregivers and families - through member organizations dedicated to improving quality of life.
AFA is a nonprofit foundation, working in the area of Alzheimer's disease and related dementias. We have extensive information and services for caregivers. Our membership is made up of organizations that provide some sort of care or service to individuals, families, and care giving staff.
Our Members include local grassroots agencies, assisted living communities, home care companies, government offices, public safety dept. and others involved in dementia care.
• A national toll-free hot line staffed by licensed social workers
• AWeb site (www.alzfdn.org) that provides updated information about Alzheimer's disease and links to local resources
• Educational materials in multiple languages
• National initiatives: National Memory Screening Day, National Commemorative Candlelighting, AFA Quilt to Remember and AFA Teens
•Workshops and regional conferences for family caregivers and healthcare professionals
• Dementia Care Professionals of America - a membership, training and qualification division
• care ADvantage, a free quarterly magazine for caregivers with a readership of over 600,000 nationwide!