Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Sparsh is a non-profit organization that provides resources and support to eliminate barriers to health and well-being for disadvantaged children and women in India.
The word "SPARSH" means touch in many Indian languages. SPARSH is an Ann Arbor, Michigan based nonprofit organization which aims to touch the lives of the disadvantaged in India by providing them access to the critical health care and well-being that they need and deserve. SPARSH believes that caring people can come together to make a difference in the lives of these children and women, and hence, engagement of the local community is an important part of the organization's mandate.
The SPARSH Difference
- We select projects which address a health or well-being barriers, and ones where we can directly "touch" the lives of disadvantaged women or children
- We seek funding through a portfolio of sources including charitable contributions and earned income in order to support these projects
- Fundraisers often take the form of meaningful community cultural events
- We involve the youth in our local community through ongoing youth programs, with an objective to foster global social responsibility
- We leverage existing programs run by reputable, established NGOs and institutions in India
- We incur low or no intermediate or overhead costs so more funds reach those in need
- We maintain transparency and full accountability in the entire process of funds transfer and their use
We are supporting two projects at this time:
1. Heart Surgery to treat disadvantaged children with congenital heart disease
2. Provide medication for indigent mentally ill women with no family support who have been rehabilitated
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!